12.5 C
Kangaroo Valley
Sunday, April 28, 2024

Mobile Phone Update

Telstra have advised that their recent application...

Historical Happening

Kangaroo Valley Historical Society celebrates 70+ years Thank...

Community service at Salt Ministries

Every Thursday morning there’s a flurry of...

Is it normal to forget words while speaking? And when can it spell a problem?

We’ve all experienced that moment mid-sentence when we just can’t find the word we want to use, even though we’re certain we know it. Why...

Discovering the art of French cheesemaking

Valley Cheesemakers is all about sharing our love of cheese and showing others how easy it is to make your own cheese at home.  This...

Good neighbours

Recently, I returned from an extended holiday overseas. I greatly enjoyed travelling around, seeing sights, well known and unexpected. Trying different foods is always...

Preschool News

Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Kangaroo Valley Preschool Raffle: Alex P.- Kangaroo Valley Folk Festival Family Pass Tino V. - KV Craft Beer &...

VIEW Club

Our August lunch was held at Nicky and Gerald Poezl’s Farmgate Restaurant in Graham Street, Nowra. They had served us for many years at...

Josie’s Tale

My name is Josie Anne Skidmore. I am a nine-year-old border collie. Anne found me as a puppy on a property near Tamworth. I...

Kangaroo Valley Public School

Book Week Last month we celebrated Book Week with a book character parade along Moss Vale Road. Thank you to all of our parents and...

Can I go back to work if I’ve already accessed my super?

Generally, you can, but there may be other things to consider. When you access your super at retirement, depending on your age and personal circumstances,...

Man accused of breaking into Illawarra museums over nine years denied bail

A man accused of stealing more than 1,000 items from museums over a nine-year period in New South Wales will remain on remand after...

Let’s Celebrate!

Kangaroo Valley Historical Society 70+ years & Kangaroo Valley Museum of 50 years A day for the whole community to come along to celebrate 70+ years of...

Firey Tales

Captain’s message Dusty will have returned from assisting with the Canada fires, but not in time to submit his usual message. Thanks to our Senior...

Guided bushwalk

As you may know, within the grounds of the Kangaroo Valley Pioneer Village Museum there is an extensive bushwalk, which is very popular with...

Preschool News

Sadly, our Comedy Night had to be cancelled. The Matildas were a bigger draw card that night! We congratulate them on their fantastic achievement...

Farewell Skeeter

Skeeter passed away on 28 July. Some readers may recall that Skeeter used to have his own column in the Valley Voice – ‘Tails from...

Community updates

Here are a few updates on issues that the Kangaroo Valley Community Consultative Body has been working on, on your behalf. Hampden Bridge cleaning Transport for...

Get ready for the bushfire season now

Get ready  Own a property or live on the mountain?  Get ready for the bushfire season now Beaumont Brigade is holding two pre-bushfire season Get Ready community...

2023 Kangaroo Valley Annual Echidna Count

Kangaroo Valley has the two oldest mammals on the planet. Echidnas and their closest relative, the platypus, were around with the dinosaurs, almost 200...

Kangaroo Valley Public School

Education Week Last month we celebrated Education Week with an assembly, open classrooms, book fair and BBQ. It was a fabulous day celebrating all the...

Historical Heist – Stolen items recovered

On 10 August I was invited to the Southern Highlands Police Centre in Moss Vale to view hundreds of items that had been stolen...

Time for a Spring Clean?

Spring is here – although Wikipedia tells me that whilst spring occurs on 1 September in Australia, it doesn’t arrive in New Zealand until...

Popular

Subscribe