Over the past months the Shoalhaven has experienced torrential rain, damaging winds and floods resulting in landslips, road damage and for some in our community, isolation. This is still a stressful time. We are all affected by disasters in our own personal way and there is no right or wrong way to feel about all that is happening.
Not feeling like your usual self … would you like a little more support, need to talk?
Council’s Outreach Team is here to support… we are here to listen, help, provide referrals and practical advice. Just having someone to talk with can make a difference.
Speak with Jennifer Healey or Janis Gordon on (02) 4429 5888 (business hours)
You may have noticed some changes, do you…
- Have difficulty concentrating or remembering
- Do not feel as organised or ‘on the ball’
- Have trouble starting things or following through
- Do not feel like being around others
- Do not enjoy things you used to enjoy
- Spend more time in bed or feel exhausted
- React with strong emotions which you normally do not feel or can usually control
You are not alone, these reactions are a normal response to these intense events. While these changes can be unsettling, they are usually temporary, and you do not have to face them on your own.
The NSW Health Disaster Recovery Clinicians are available and offer free confidential assistance on (02) 4424 7888 (business hours)
Click on newsfeed title to see Grant Application Support